Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jian‐Hua; Zhang, Jing‐Bo; Li, He‐Ping; Gong, An‐Dong; Xue, Sheng; Agboola, Rebecca S.; Liao, Yu‐Cai
- Phytopathologische Zeitschrift 2014 v.162 no.3 pp. 147-157
- Fusarium; Gibberella fujikuroi; corn; ear rot; gas chromatography; genes; mass spectrometry; mycotoxins; new species; nucleotide sequences; pathogenicity; phylogeny; translation (genetics); tubulin; wheat; China
- ... A recently isolated Fusarium population from maize in Belgium was identified as a new species, Fusarium temperatum. From a survey of Fusarium species associated with maize ear rot in nineteen provinces in 2009 in China, ten strains isolated from Guizhou and Hubei provinces were identified as F. temperatum. Morphological and molecular phylogenetic analyses based on the DNA sequences of individual t ...
- Martins, Vitor F.; Vaughan, Martha M.; Huffaker, Alisa; Schmelz, Eric A.; Christensen, Shawn; Sims, James; Benda, Nicole D.; Swerbilow, Jay; Alborn, Hans; Teal, Peter E.
- Phytopathologische Zeitschrift 2014 v.162 no.3 pp. 201-204
- Gibberella fujikuroi; biomass; corn; fungi; pathogens; phytoalexins; plant growth; seed treatment; terpenoids
- ... Fusarium verticillioides is a widely distributed fungus that can associate with maize as a deleterious pathogen and an advantageous endophyte. Here, we show that seed treatment with live F. verticillioides enhances maize resistance to secondary stalk rot infection and further demonstrate that dead F. verticillioides is sufficient to equivalently reduce F. verticillioides biomass. Seed treatment wi ...