Jump to Main Content
- Fravel, D.R.; Moravec, B.C.; Bailey, B.A.
- Phytopathologische Zeitschrift 2007 v.155 no.9 pp. 526
- Fusarium wilt, etc ; Fusarium oxysporum; soil fungi; fungal antagonists; ABC transporters; molecular cloning; gene expression regulation; biological control; thiram; fungicides; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Differential display with three time points revealed that thiram altered expression of numerous genes in the biocontrol fungus Fusarium oxysporum CS-20. Of the 101 bands purified from the differential display gel, 86 were successfully cloned, and 64 sequenced. Based on nucleic acid sequences, homology to known products was found using BLASTn for 26 sequences and homology to hypothetical proteins w ...
- Panina, Y.; Fravel, D.R.; Baker, C.J.; Shcherbakova, L.A.
- Phytopathologische Zeitschrift 2007 v.155 no.7-8 pp. 475
- Fusarium wilt, etc ; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; tomatoes; Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici; plant pathogenic fungi; pathogenicity; host-parasite relationships; disease control; defense mechanisms; biological control; Fusarium oxysporum; seedlings; leaves; roots; chemical constituents of plants; phenolic compounds; biosynthesis; secondary metabolites; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The biocontrol fungus Fusarium oxysporum strain CS-20 was previously shown to reduce the incidence of Fusarium wilt of tomato through an uncharacterized host-mediated response. As phenolic compounds are involved in the defence response of tomato to pathogens and other stressors, this work was undertaken to determine whether biocontrol strains induced changes in phenolic compounds in leaves and roo ...