Jump to Main Content
- Weller, David M.; Mavrodi, Dmitri V.; van Pelt, Johan A.; Pieterse, Corné M. J.; van Loon, Leendert C.; Bakker, Peter A. H. M.
- Phytopathology 2012 v.102 no.4 pp. 403-412
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Pseudomonas fluorescens; Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato; antibiotics; crops; damping off; genes; genetic complementation; genetically modified organisms; genotype; loci; mutants; rhizosphere bacteria; root crown; signal transduction; soil; soil-borne diseases; systemic acquired resistance; tomatoes
- ... Pseudomonas fluorescens strains that produce the polyketide antibiotic 2,4-diacetylphloroglucinol (2,4-DAPG) are among the most effective rhizobacteria that suppress root and crown rots, wilts, and damping-off diseases of a variety of crops, and they play a key role in the natural suppressiveness of some soils to certain soilborne pathogens. Root colonization by 2,4-DAPG-producing P. fluorescens s ...
- He, Miaomiao; Tian, Guangming; Semenov, Alexander M.; van Bruggen, Ariena H. C.
- Phytopathology 2012 v.102 no.4 pp. 413-420
- DNA fragmentation; Pythium ultimum; bacteria; bacterial communities; beets; carbon dioxide; composted manure; damping off; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; eutrophication; gels; greenhouse gas emissions; microbial activity; organic soils; ribosomal DNA; seedlings; soil amendments; soil microorganisms; species diversity; sugar beet
- ... Previously, oscillations in beet seedling damping-off by Pythium ultimum, measured as area under the disease progress curve (AUDPC), were demonstrated after incorporation of organic materials into organic and conventional soils. These periodic fluctuations of P. ultimum infections were cross-correlated with oscillations of copiotrophic CFU at lags of 2 to 4 days. For this article, we investigated ...