Jump to Main Content
- Xie, Weilong; Yu, Kangfu; Pauls, K. Peter; Navabi, Alireza
- Phytopathology 2012 v.102 no.4 pp. 434-442
- Phaseolus vulgaris; Xanthomonas campestris pv. phaseoli; beans; blight; breeding; disease resistance; disease severity; foliar diseases; genotype; image analysis; phenotype; quantitative analysis; quantitative trait loci
- ... The effectiveness of image analysis (IA) compared with an ordinal visual scale, for quantitative measurement of disease severity, its application in quantitative genetic studies, and its effect on the estimates of genetic parameters were investigated. Studies were performed using eight backcross-derived families of common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) (n == 172) segregating for the molecular marker SU ...
- Weller, David M.; Mavrodi, Dmitri V.; van Pelt, Johan A.; Pieterse, Corné M. J.; van Loon, Leendert C.; Bakker, Peter A. H. M.
- Phytopathology 2012 v.102 no.4 pp. 403-412
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Pseudomonas fluorescens; Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato; antibiotics; crops; damping off; genes; genetic complementation; genetically modified organisms; genotype; loci; mutants; rhizosphere bacteria; root crown; signal transduction; soil; soil-borne diseases; systemic acquired resistance; tomatoes
- ... Pseudomonas fluorescens strains that produce the polyketide antibiotic 2,4-diacetylphloroglucinol (2,4-DAPG) are among the most effective rhizobacteria that suppress root and crown rots, wilts, and damping-off diseases of a variety of crops, and they play a key role in the natural suppressiveness of some soils to certain soilborne pathogens. Root colonization by 2,4-DAPG-producing P. fluorescens s ...