Jump to Main Content
- He, D.; Edwards, G.E.
- Plant, cell and environment 1996 v.19 no.11 pp. 1272-1280
- Flaveria; Oryza sativa; chlorophyll; fluorescence; mathematical models; gas exchange; carbon dioxide; air temperature; light intensity
- ... The response curves of leaf photosynthesis to varying light, temperature and leaf-to-air vapour pressure deficit were measured in the C3 plants Flaveria pringlei and Oryza sativa in normal air with a computerized open infrared gas analysis (IRGA) system, and the photochemical efficiency of photosystem II, described as (1-Fs/F'm) after Genty, Briantais & Baker (1989, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 9 ...
- Sun, J.; Nishio, J.N.; Vogelmann, T.C.
- Plant, cell and environment 1996 v.19 no.11 pp. 1261-1271
- carbon dioxide; fluorescence; Spinacia oleracea; light intensity; photoinhibition; spatial variation; chlorophyll; leaves
- ... Chlorophyll fluorescence and internal patterns of 14CO2 fixation were measured in sun and shade leaves of spinach after treatment with various light intensities. When sun leaves were irradiated with 2000 micromoles m-2 s-1 for 2h, Fv/FM decreased by about 15%, but 14CO2 fixation was unaffected, whereas shade leaves exhibited a 21% decrease in Fv/FM and a 25% decrease in 14CO2 fixation. Irradiation ...