Jump to Main Content
- Sun, J.; Nishio, J.N.; Vogelmann, T.C.
- Plant, cell and environment 1996 v.19 no.11 pp. 1261-1271
- Spinacia oleracea; photosynthesis; carbon dioxide; leaves; light intensity; chlorophyll; fluorescence; photoinhibition; spatial variation
- ... Chlorophyll fluorescence and internal patterns of 14CO2 fixation were measured in sun and shade leaves of spinach after treatment with various light intensities. When sun leaves were irradiated with 2000 micromoles m-2 s-1 for 2h, Fv/FM decreased by about 15%, but 14CO2 fixation was unaffected, whereas shade leaves exhibited a 21% decrease in Fv/FM and a 25% decrease in 14CO2 fixation. Irradiation ...
- He, J.; Chee, C.W.; Goh, C.J.
- Plant, cell and environment 1996 v.19 no.11 pp. 1238-1248
- Heliconia; photoinhibition; photosynthesis; chlorophyll; fluorescence; leaves; shade; temperature; solar radiation; tropics; photosystem II; chemical constituents of plants; Singapore
- ... The influence of irradiance on photosynthesis under natural conditions was studied in aseasonal Singapore using three Heliconia taxa: H. rostrata , H. psittacorum x H. spathocircinata cv. Golden Torch and H. psittacorum cv. Tay. When grown under full sunlight, all three heliconias exhibited reduced photosynthetic capacities and lowered chlorophyll content per leaf area as compared with those grown ...