Jump to Main Content
- Israeli, Y.; Schwartz, A.; Plaut, Z.; Yakir, D.
- Plant, cell and environment 1996 v.19 no.2 pp. 225-230
- carbon dioxide; gas exchange; light intensity; Musa; transpiration; dry matter accumulation; carbon; diurnal variation; crop yield; photoperiod; chemical constituents of plants; photosynthesis; stable isotopes; leaves
- ... Banana plants (Musa sp., Musaceae) were grown for 2 years in the field in 12 X 20 m plots under irradiance levels incident upon the canopy of 100, 81, 62 and 32% of sunlight. Time-integrated parameters such as leaf delta 13C, yield and leaf mass to area ratio were linearly correlated with irradiance level (R2 > 0.9). In contrast, midday CO2 assimilation and transpiration efficiency (A/g) decreased ...
- Senock, R.S.; Ham, J.M.; Loughin, T.M.; Kimball, B.A.; Hunsaker, D.J.; Pinter, P.J.; Wall, G.W.; Garcia, R.L.; LaMorte, R.L.
- Plant, cell and environment 1996 v.19 no.2 pp. 147-158
- carbon dioxide; evapotranspiration; gauges; sap flow; plant-water relations; diurnal variation; Triticum aestivum
- ... The effects of elevated carbon dioxide (CO2) concentration on plant water use are best evaluated on plants grown under field conditions and with measurement techniques that do not disturb the natural function of the plant. Heat balance sap flow gauges were used on individual main stems of wheat (Triticum aestivum L. cv Yecora rojo) grown under normal ambient conditions (control) and in a free-air ...