Jump to Main Content
- GAO, PENG, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2008 v.31 no.7 pp. 982-994
- Suaeda; Western blotting; chloroplasts; fluorescence; genes; guanosine triphosphate; guanosinetriphosphatase; halophytes; leaves; oxidative stress; proteins; reactive oxygen species; ribosomes; salinity; seawater; stems; stress tolerance; tobacco; transgenic plants
- ... Suaeda salsa is a leaf-succulent euhalophytic plant capable of surviving under seawater salinity. Here, we report the isolation and functional analysis of a novel Suaeda gene (designated as SsTypA1) encoding a member of the TypA/BipA GTPase gene family. The steady-state transcript level of SsTypA1 in S. salsa was up-regulated in response to various external stressors. Expression of SsTypA1 was res ...
- GAO, PENG, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2011 v.34 no.3 pp. 374-388
- anthocyanins; testa; Arabidopsis; proanthocyanidins; phenotype; complementary DNA; glutathione transferase; seedlings; amino acid substitution; cytosol; gene expression; genes; color; hydrolysis; mutants; quercetin
- ... The Arabidopsis transparent testa (tt) mutant tt19-4 shows reduced seed coat colour, but stains darkly with DMACA and accumulates anthocyanins in aerial tissues. Positional cloning showed that tt19-4 was allelic to tt19-1 and has a G-to-T mutation in a conserved 3′-domain in the TT19-4 gene. Soluble and unextractable seed proanthocyanidins and hydrolysis of unextractable proanthocyanidin differ be ...