Jump to Main Content
- YANG, JIAN LI, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2011 v.34 no.12 pp. 2138-2148
- Arabidopsis; Vigna umbellata; Xenopus; anions; barley; citrates; clones; corn; gene expression; genes; leaves; oocytes; plasma membrane; resistance mechanisms; roots; tomatoes; toxicity; transporters
- ... Al‐activated organic acid anion efflux from roots is an important Al resistance mechanism in plants. We have conducted homologous cloning and isolated Vigna umbellata multidrug and toxic compound extrusion (VuMATE), a gene encoding a de novo citrate transporter from rice bean. Al treatment up‐regulated VuMATE expression in the root apex, but neither in the mature root region nor in the leaf. The d ...
- YANG, JIAN LI, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2011 v.34 no.7 pp. 1055-1064
- Solanum; cadmium; cultivars; heavy metals; metal tolerance; organic acids and salts; root growth; roots; secretion; tomatoes; toxicity
- ... The mechanisms of heavy metal resistance in plants can be classified into internal tolerance and exclusion mechanisms, but exclusion of heavy metals with the help of organic acids secretion has not been well documented. Here we demonstrated the contribution of oxalate secretion to cadmium (Cd) exclusion and resistance in tomato. Different Cd resistance between two tomato cultivars was evaluated by ...