Jump to Main Content
- Pepin, S., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Plant, cell and environment 1997 v.20 no.12 pp. 1462-1472
- Thuja plicata; stomatal movement; carbon dioxide; interspecific variation; stomatal conductance; artificial shade; seedlings; gas exchange; air temperature; light intensity; photosynthesis; diurnal variation; vapor pressure; Pseudotsuga menziesii; Tsuga heterophylla; stomata; British Columbia
- ... Experiments were conducted on well watered 1-year-old Douglas fir [Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco], western hemlock [Tsuga heterophylla (Raf.) Sarg.] and western red cedar (Thuja plicata Donn) seedlings to determine the effects of temperature on whole-plant photosynthetic and stomata responses to short-term fluctuations in irradiance (Q). Following a step change in Q, time constants (tau, th ...
- Pepin, S., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 1996 v.19 no.8 pp. 949-957
- solar radiation; stomatal conductance; Pinus radiata; artificial shade; net assimilation rate; leaf area; leaf water potential; conifer needles; leaf conductance; New Zealand
- ... Sudden but transient changes in the fraction of illuminated foliage area in a well-watered 7-year-old Pinus radiata D. Don tree were imposed by completely covering either the upper 22% or the lower 78% of the foliage for periods of up to 36 h. Measurements of transpiration flux density (E), tree conductance (gt), stomatal conductance (gs) and net photosynthesis (A) were made to test the hypothesis ...