Jump to Main Content
- Murai-Hatano, Mari, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant & cell physiology 2012 v.53 no.8 pp. 1445-1456
- acclimation; aquaporins; cold stress; cold tolerance; cold treatment; crops; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hydraulic conductivity; rice; root hydraulic conductivity; roots; shoots; temperature; water uptake
- ... Cold acclimation process plays a vital role in the survival of chilling- and freezing-tolerant plants subjected to cold temperature stress. However, it remains elusive whether a cold acclimation process enhances root water uptake (a component of chilling tolerance) in chilling-sensitive crops such as rice. By analyzing the root hydraulic conductivity under cold stress for a prolonged time, we foun ...
- Murai-Hatano, Mari, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Plant & cell physiology 2012 v.53 no.8 pp. 1418-1431
- air; aquaporins; dry matter accumulation; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; humidity; leaf area; leaves; net assimilation rate; rice; roots; temperature; transpiration; water stress; water uptake; water use efficiency
- ... The effects of low air humidity and low root temperature (LRT) on water uptake, growth and aquaporin gene expression were investigated in rice plants. The daily transpiration of the plants grown at low humidity was 1.5- to 2-fold higher than that at high humidity. LRT at 13°C reduced transpiration, and the extent was larger at lower humidity. LRT also reduced total dry matter production and leaf a ...