Jump to Main Content
- Kobayashi, Masaru, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant & cell physiology 2009 v.50 no.1 pp. 26-36
- DNA fragmentation; Nicotiana tabacum; antioxidants; apoptosis; ascorbate peroxidase; boron; cell culture; cytoplasm; death; lipids; metabolic diseases; nutrition; peroxides; plant micronutrients; tobacco
- ... Boron (B) is an essential micronutrient for vascular plants. However, it remains unclear how B deficiency leads to various metabolic disorders and cell death. To understand this mechanism, we analyzed the physiological changes in suspension-cultured tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) BY-2 cells upon B deprivation. When 3-day-old cells were transferred to B-free medium, cell death was detectable as early ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kobayashi, Masaru, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant & cell physiology 2011 v.52 no.10 pp. 1832-1843
- Arabidopsis; acids; biosynthesis; borates; boron; cell walls; enzymes; esters; genes; heterozygosity; monosaccharides; mutants; mutation; pollen; pollen tubes; proteins; transfer DNA
- ... In plant cells, boron (B) occurs predominantly as a borate ester associated with rhamnogalacturonan II (RG-II), but the function of this B–RG-II complex has yet to be investigated. 3-Deoxy-D-manno-2-octulosonic acid (KDO) is a specific component monosaccharide of RG-II. Mutant plants defective in KDO biosynthesis are expected to have altered RG-II structure, and would be useful for studying the ph ...