Jump to Main Content
- Zheng, Zhi; Bai, Wenming; Zhang, Wen-Hao
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 341-354
- Artemisia frigida; Carex; Stipa krylovii; aboveground biomass; belowground biomass; botanical composition; community structure; fine roots; forbs; grasses; nitrogen; steppes; China
- ... AIMS: Shifts of plant community composition with enhanced atmospheric nitrogen (N) deposition in grasslands have occurred globally. Despite extensive studies on the effects of enhanced N deposition on plant species composition of grassland community, few studies have focused on belowground ecological processes and duration of N addition. METHODS: In situ long-term (14-year: 2004–2017) and short-te ...
- Wang, Meng; Tian, Jianqing; Bu, Zhaojun; Lamit, Louis J.; Chen, Huai; Zhu, Qiuan; Peng, Changhui
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 21-40
- biochemical pathways; biogeochemistry; community structure; ecological function; environmental factors; fens; fungal communities; global change; metagenomics; mycorrhizal fungi; organic matter; peat; peatlands; prokaryotic cells; shrubs; soil pH; species diversity; vegetation; water table; China
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Microbial communities are the primary drivers of organic matter decomposition in peatlands. However, limited knowledge is available regarding depth-dependent microbial community structure and function in East Asian peatlands, using cultivation independent approaches. METHODS: We investigated the vertical stratification of prokaryote and fungal communities in a moderately rich ...