Jump to Main Content
- Yin, Zepeng; Zhang, Heng; Zhao, Qi; Yoo, Mi-Jeong; Zhu, Ning; Yu, Jianlan; Yu, Juanjuan; Guo, Siyi; Miao, Yuchen; Chen, Sixue; Qin, Zhi; Dai, Shaojun
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 137-158
- Puccinellia tenuiflora; alkaline soils; alkalinization; betaine; calcium; calcium signaling; carbohydrates; chloroplast proteins; chloroplasts; electrolytes; enzyme activity; halophytes; homeostasis; hydrogen peroxide; leaves; magnesium; osmotic stress; pH; pastures; phospholipase D; photosynthesis; post-translational modification; potassium; proline; proteomics; sodium; sodium bicarbonate; superoxide anion; toxicity; China
- ... AIMS: Soil alkalization imposes severe ion toxicity, osmotic stress, and high pH stress to plants, inhibiting their growth and productivity. NaHCO₃ is a main component of alkaline soil. However, knowledge of the NaHCO₃-responsive proteomic pattern of alkaligrass is still lacking. Alkaligrass (Puccinellia tenuiflora) is a monocotyledonous halophyte pasture widely distributed in the Songnen Plain in ...
- Yue, Maofeng; Shen, Hao; Li, Weihua; Chen, Jinfeng; Ye, Wanhui; Tian, Xingshan; Yin, Aiguo; Cheng, Shuiming
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 301-311
- Bidens biternata; Bidens pilosa; adventitious roots; anaerobic conditions; arid lands; biodiversity; enzyme activity; flooded conditions; introduced plants; photosystem II; physiological response; soil; wet season; China
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Waterlogging is a common natural disturbance that has negative impacts on dry-land plant species. However, few studies have focused on how waterlogging influences the invasiveness of non-native plant species on dry lands. Bidens pilosa is an invasive dry-land plant of the Asteraceae family that causes serious damage to biodiversity and agricultural production in southern China ...