Jump to Main Content
- Günthardt-Goerg, Madeleine S.; Vollenweider, Pierre; Hermle, Sandra; Schulin, Rainer
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 375-395
- Betula; Picea; Populus; Salix; acidity; biomass; branches; cadmium; copper; ecosystems; forest trees; forests; heavy metals; indigenous species; lead; leaves; models; topsoil; understory; wood; zinc
- ... AIMS: The study investigated the growth and metal accumulation over time of young forest vegetation growing on metal-contaminated topsoil above either acidic or calcareous subsoil. METHODS: A 4-year model ecosystem experiment was performed under quasi-natural conditions. The heavy metal (HM) contaminated topsoil contained around 3000 mg/kg Zn, 600 Cu, 100 Pb, 9 Cd. RESULTS: Total biomass was 25.7% ...
- Turra, Christian; De Nadai Fernandes, Elisabete A.; Bacchi, Márcio Arruda; Sarriés, Gabriel Adrián; Reyes, Andrés Enrique Lai
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 291-299
- Citrus limonia; plant tissues; agricultural soils; superphosphate; neutron activation analysis; bioavailability; fertilizer application; greenhouse experimentation; phosphorus fertilizers; branches; scandium; yttrium; leaves
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Rare earth elements (REE) are a group of the periodic table formed by 17 chemical elements (lanthanoids plus yttrium and scandium). They have been used in different field applications. In agriculture, they can be found in some phosphate fertilizers at levels one or two orders of magnitude higher than those found in normal agricultural soils. Citrus plants are known to present ...