Jump to Main Content
- Ohta, Tamihsia; Niwa, Shigeru; Hiura, Tsutom
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 355-373
- Crustacea; Cryptomeria japonica; calcium; canopy; exudation; geographical variation; isotopes; leaves; nitrogen content; nutrient content; nutrients; organic acids and salts; phosphorus; provenance; roots; soil invertebrates; soil nutrient dynamics; soil pH; strontium; tree growth; trees
- ... AIMS: The aim of this study was to examine whether differences in the provenances of canopy tree species affect the community of soil invertebrates. METHODS: We used a common garden, where Cryptomeria japonica trees (Yoshino, Yanase, Itoshiro and Yaku) from four provenances were planted separately in each plot. In these plots, we measured the concentration of nutrients in leaves, litter and roots; ...
- Yin, Zepeng; Zhang, Heng; Zhao, Qi; Yoo, Mi-Jeong; Zhu, Ning; Yu, Jianlan; Yu, Juanjuan; Guo, Siyi; Miao, Yuchen; Chen, Sixue; Qin, Zhi; Dai, Shaojun
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 137-158
- Puccinellia tenuiflora; alkaline soils; alkalinization; betaine; calcium; calcium signaling; carbohydrates; chloroplast proteins; chloroplasts; electrolytes; enzyme activity; halophytes; homeostasis; hydrogen peroxide; leaves; magnesium; osmotic stress; pH; pastures; phospholipase D; photosynthesis; post-translational modification; potassium; proline; proteomics; sodium; sodium bicarbonate; superoxide anion; toxicity; China
- ... AIMS: Soil alkalization imposes severe ion toxicity, osmotic stress, and high pH stress to plants, inhibiting their growth and productivity. NaHCO₃ is a main component of alkaline soil. However, knowledge of the NaHCO₃-responsive proteomic pattern of alkaligrass is still lacking. Alkaligrass (Puccinellia tenuiflora) is a monocotyledonous halophyte pasture widely distributed in the Songnen Plain in ...