Jump to Main Content
- Erfanifard, Yousef; Khosravi, Elaheh
- Plant and soil 2019 v.440 no.1-2 pp. 219-231
- arid lands, etc ; Tamarix; canopy; deserts; mixed stands; shrubs; soil salinity; statistics; vegetation; Iran; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Understanding the species associations in dryland sparse and patchy vegetation requires information on species intra- and interspecific interactions and their response to environmental heterogeneity. To better understand the coexistence mechanisms of saltcedar (Tamarix mascatensis) and eshnan (Seidlitzia rosmarinus) in central deserts of Iran, we analysed the spatial distribut ...
- Salazar, Pablo C.; Navarro-Cerrillo, Rafael M.; Grados, Nora; Cruz, Gastón; Barrón, Vidal; Villar, Rafael
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 117-135
- arid lands, etc ; Prosopis pallida; canopy; climatic factors; copper; dry forests; dry matter content; iron; leaf mass; leaves; manganese; nutrient content; rain; soil; soil carbon; soil nutrients; temperature; trees; zinc; Peru; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... AIMS: To assess the fertility island effect of Prosopis pallida in the North Peruvian dry forests and analyze if it is influenced by tree size and structural and/or chemical leaf traits. METHODS: We measured the soil nutrient concentrations under and outside the tree canopy in five populations that differ in mean annual temperature and annual rainfall in North Peru. We also measured tree size (hei ...