Jump to Main Content
- Jia, Rongliang; Chen, Ning; Yu, Kailiang; Zhao, Changming
- Plant and soil 2019 v.435 no.1-2 pp. 257-275
- arid lands, etc ; biological soil crusts; climate; climate change; deserts; ecosystems; grasses; models; rain; shrubs; vascular plants; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... AIMS: Global climate change may greatly alter the structure and stability of drylands, creating an urgent need to recover their functions and services. Biological soil crust (biocrust), an interface between the soil and atmosphere, plays a crucial role in ecohydrological processes, and thus in influencing the restoration dynamics of dryland ecosystems. Previous studies have generally investigated ...
- Uddin, Shihab; Parvin, Shahnaj; Löw, Markus; Fitzgerald, Glenn J; Tausz-Posch, Sabine; Armstrong, Roger; Tausz, Michael
- Plant and soil 2019 v.438 no.1-2 pp. 205-222
- arid lands, etc ; Brassica napus; Vertisols; canola; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; clay; climate; cultivars; drought; genetic variation; germplasm; growing season; leaf area; leaf development; lysimeters; seed yield; stomatal conductance; water conservation; water use efficiency; yield components; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration ([CO₂]) stimulates the leaf-level (intrinsic) water use efficiency (iWUE), which may mitigate the adverse effects of drought by lowering water use in plants. This study investigated the interactive effect of [CO₂] and soil type on growth, yield and water use of canola (Brassica napus L.) in a dryland environment. METHODS: Two ...