Jump to Main Content
- Bristiel, Pauline; Roumet, Catherine; Violle, Cyrille; Volaire, Florence
- Plant and soil 2019 v.434 no.1-2 pp. 327-342
- perennials, etc ; Dactylis glomerata; biogeography; climate change; drought; grasses; intraspecific variation; irrigation rates; phytomass; plant adaptation; rooting; water uptake; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Understanding plant adaptation to drought is a crucial challenge under climate change. This study aimed to investigate root traits and water use of grass populations exhibiting a range of dehydration avoidance and tolerance strategies to cope with drought. METHODS: Sixteen populations of the perennial grass Dactylis glomerata originating from three biogeographical origins (Nor ...
- Hanslin, Hans Martin; Bischoff, Armin; Hovstad, Knut Anders
- Plant and soil 2019 v.440 no.1-2 pp. 551-568
- perennials, etc ; allometry; biomass; drought; dry matter partitioning; grasses; greenhouse experimentation; leaves; phenotypic plasticity; root growth; root systems; roots; sand; seedlings; sowing; turgor; water uptake; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... AIM: Root growth strategies may be critical for seeding survival and establishment under dry conditions, but these strategies and their plasticity are little known. We aim to document the ability of young grass seedlings to adjust their root system architecture, root morphology and biomass allocation to roots to promote water uptake and survival under progressive drought. METHODS: Seedlings growin ...