Jump to Main Content
- Li, Zimin; Unzué-Belmonte, Dácil; Cornelis, Jean-Thomas; Linden, Charles Vander; Struyf, Eric; Ronsse, Frederik; Delvaux, Bruno
- Plant and soil 2019 v.438 no.1-2 pp. 187-203
- Cambisols, etc ; Nitisols; alkali treatment; biochar; biomass; calcium chloride; calcium silicate; nutrient availability; nutrient content; phytoliths; plant growth; rice; rice straw; silicon; sodium carbonate; soil buffering capacity; soil pH; wheat; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... AIMS: Supplying phytolith-rich biochar in agrosystems increases soil pH, CEC and nutrient availability, adding to the impact of Si uptake on plant growth. Here we studied this specific impact as influenced by soil properties, and assessed the role of phytoliths to provide plant available Si. METHODS: We used a young Cambisol and a highly weathered, poorly buffered, desilicated Nitisol. The biochar ...
- Pongrac, Paula; McNicol, James W.; Lilly, Allan; Thompson, Jacqueline A.; Wright, Gladys; Hillier, Stephen; White, Philip J.
- Plant and soil 2019 v.434 no.1-2 pp. 151-165
- Cambisols, etc ; Brassica oleracea var. capitata; Stagnosols; cabbage; calcium; crops; elemental composition; fertilizer application; greenhouses; iron; kaolinite; magnesium; manganese; mineral content; organic matter; phosphorus; plagioclase; potassium; shoots; soil properties; sulfur; zinc; zinc fertilizers; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: The effects of phosphorus and zinc applications on phosphorus and zinc concentrations in plants grown in different soil types have rarely been investigated. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of different soil types and phosphorus and zinc addition on growth and mineral element composition of red cabbage (Brassica oleracea var. capitata L. cv. Red Drumhead). MET ...