Jump to Main Content
- Akhtar, Jumana; Galloway, Andrew F.; Nikolopoulos, Georgios; Field, Katie J.; Knox, Paul
- Plant and soil 2018 v.428 no.1-2 pp. 57-65
- plant exudates, etc ; adhesion; beta-glucans; carbohydrate structure; chitosan; ecological function; functional properties; gum tragacanth; organic matter; quantitative analysis; roots; screening; soil aggregates; surveys; xanthan gum; xyloglucans; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Understanding the structures and functions of carbon-based molecules in soils is an important goal in the context of soils as an ecosystem function of immense importance. Polysaccharides are implicated in maintaining soil aggregate status but have not been extensively dissected in terms of their structures and soil adhesion properties. This is largely because of the technical ...
- Edwards, KeithR.; Kaštovská, Eva; Borovec, Jakub; Šantrůčková, Hana; Picek, Tomáš
- Plant and soil 2018 v.426 no.1-2 pp. 179-196
- plant exudates, etc ; Eriophorum vaginatum; Picea; Sphagnum; Vaccinium myrtillus; allose; biodegradability; citrates; cystine; dissolved organic matter; exudation; forests; graminoids; ion exchange chromatography; mosses and liverworts; nitrogen; organic carbon; shrubs; soil; species diversity; stable isotopes; swamps; xylose; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... AIMS: We aimed to compare seasonal exudate quality and quantity between Sphagnum moss, Eriophorum vaginatum (graminoid) and Vaccinium myrtillus (ericoid shrub). METHODS: Exudates were collected in May, July and September 2014 using a culture-based method and characterized by total organic carbon (TOC) and nitrogen (TN) contents with exudation fluxes expressed on a root-mass basis. Organic acids, s ...