Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Yufang; Ou, Yongbin; Gao, Yongfeng; Zhang, Xuan; He, Yongmei; Li, Yuan; Yao, Yinan
- Plant and soil 2018 v.426 no.1-2 pp. 349-363
- alkaline soils, etc ; Populus euphratica; absorption; alkali tolerance; calcium; genes; leaves; magnesium; nitrate nitrogen; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen metabolism; pigments; saplings; sodium; soil quality; sulfates; tissues; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Populus bolleana Lauche. (P. bolleana) and Populus euphratica Oliv. (P. euphratica) separately survive in mild and moderate alkaline soil conditions. The aim of this study was to explore the underlying mechanism for the different alkaline tolerance in the two poplar species. METHODS: Young saplings of two poplar species were grown in moderate alkaline soil, and the young and o ...
- Silva, CarolinaM. S.; Zhang, Chunyan; Habermann, Gustavo; Delhaize, Emmanuel; Ryan, PeterR.
- Plant and soil 2018 v.424 no.1-2 pp. 451-462
- alkaline soils, etc ; acid soils; alleles; aluminum; anions; chromosomes; genetic variation; hydroponics; malates; mineralogy; pH; plant growth; roots; shoots; sodium sulfate; toxicity; wheat; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... AIM: A major limitation to plant growth in acid soils is the prevalence of toxic Al³⁺. Most genotypic variation for acid soil-tolerance in wheat is linked with the Al³⁺-activated efflux of malate anions from roots which is controlled by TaALMT1 on chromosome 4DL. Recent studies have also linked TaALMT1 with tolerance to high pH solutions and alkaline soils. This study tested the hypothesis that an ...