Jump to Main Content
- Jailson L. Cruz; Alfredo A.C. Alves; Daniel R. LeCain; David D. Ellis; Jack A. Morgan
- Plant and soil 2014 v.374 pp. 33-43
- Manihot esculenta; acclimation; ammonium; ammonium compounds; ammonium fertilizers; biomass production; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; cassava; chlorosis; developmental stages; fertilizer application; gas exchange; greenhouses; leaves; nitrates; nitrogen; nutrient solutions; photosynthesis; toxicity; wilting
- ... This study evaluated how different nitrogen forms affect growth and photosynthetic responses of cassava to CO2 concentration. Cassava was grown in 12-L pots in a greenhouse (30/25o C day / night) at 390 or 750 ppm of CO2. Three nitrogen treatments were applied: (a) 12 mM NO3-, (b) 6 mM NO3- + 6 mM NH4+, and (c) 12 mM NH4+. Thirty-six days after treatments began, plants grown under elevated CO2 and ...
- Felix Bompy; Gauthier Lequeue; Daniel Imbert; Maguy Dulormne
- Plant and soil 2014 v.380 no.1-2 pp. 399-413
- Avicennia germinans; Laguncularia racemosa; Rhizophora mangle; acclimation; biomass production; climate change; climate models; freshwater; gas exchange; growth performance; leaves; mortality; photosynthesis; prediction; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; seasonal variation; seedling growth; seedlings; sodium chloride; soil salinity; species diversity; trees; tropics; wetlands; Caribbean
- ... BACKGROUND: Micro-tidal wetlands are subject to strong seasonal variations of soil salinity that are likely to increase in amplitude according to climate model predictions for the Caribbean. Whereas the effects of constant salinity levels on the physiology of mangrove species have been widely tested, little is known about acclimation to fluctuations in salinity. AIMS AND METHODS: The aim of this e ...