Jump to Main Content
- Zunkang Zhao; Xiaofeng Gao; Ye Ke; Minmin Chang; Lu Xie; Xiaofeng Li; Minghua Gu; Jiping Liu; Xinlian Tang
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 273-289
- aluminum; benzoxazinoids; biosynthesis; chelation; corn; cultivars; exudation; hydroxamic acids; root growth; root tips; salicylic acid
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Although aluminum (Al) exclusion via root exudation of organic matters is a common resistance mechanism adopted by many plant species, whether root exudation of benzoxazinoids, such as hydroxamic acids (HAs), confers Al resistance remains unclear. METHODS: We performed physiological characterization for an Al-resistant maize cultivar TY and a sensitive maize cultivar ZD. RESUL ...
- Yutong Zhou; Chuan Liu; Guangzhe Li; Lin Hao
- Plant and soil 2019 v.441 no.1-2 pp. 49-69
- Arabidopsis; aerial parts; antioxidant activity; beta-fructofuranosidase; cadmium; cadmium chloride; cell walls; chelation; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibitors; ethylene; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; genotype; growth retardation; mutation; pectinesterase; plant growth; plant response; proteasome endopeptidase complex; protein degradation; roots; transcription (genetics); ubiquitin; vacuoles
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Ethylene-insensitive mutation (ein)-conferred Arabidopsis tolerance to Cd has been reported. However, the mechanisms involved are far from clear. This study explores possible mechanisms. METHODS: Arabidopsis wild-type (WT), and ein2–1, npr1–1 (nonexpressor of PR gene 1), and npr1–1/ein2–1 (abbreviated to n1e2) were exposed to 50 μM CdCl₂ for 48 h or 7 d (just for assessment of ...