Jump to Main Content
- Dakora, F.D.; Phillips, D.A.
- Plant and soil 2002 v.245 no.1 pp. 35-47
- enzymes; purines; nucleotides; genes; siderophores; carbon dioxide; rhizosphere; sugars; iron; nutrient uptake; amino acids; anions; hydrogen; soil pH; calcium; solubility; organic acids and salts; symbiosis; nutrient availability; hydrogen ions; root exudates; aluminum; chelation; nitrates; phenolic compounds
- Zunkang Zhao; Xiaofeng Gao; Ye Ke; Minmin Chang; Lu Xie; Xiaofeng Li; Minghua Gu; Jiping Liu; Xinlian Tang
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 273-289
- aluminum; benzoxazinoids; biosynthesis; chelation; corn; cultivars; exudation; hydroxamic acids; root growth; root tips; salicylic acid
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Although aluminum (Al) exclusion via root exudation of organic matters is a common resistance mechanism adopted by many plant species, whether root exudation of benzoxazinoids, such as hydroxamic acids (HAs), confers Al resistance remains unclear. METHODS: We performed physiological characterization for an Al-resistant maize cultivar TY and a sensitive maize cultivar ZD. RESUL ...