Jump to Main Content
- James M. Mwendwa; Paul A. Weston; Jeffrey D. Weidenhamer; Inge S. Fomsgaard; Hanwen Wu; Saliya Gurusinghe; Leslie A. Weston
- Plant and soil 2021 v.466 no.1-2 pp. 467-489
- Magnoliopsida; Triticum aestivum; benzoxazinoids; biotransformation; corn; cultivars; herbicide resistance; integrated weed management; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; metabolites; phenology; phytotoxicity; rain; rhizoplane; rye; soil; winter wheat; Australia
- ... BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Integrated weed management in commercial wheat production is urgently needed due to increasing herbicide resistance and production costs. Benzoxazinoids (BXs), which include benzoxazinones and benzoxazolinones, are unique bioactive metabolites produced by certain members of the Poaceae including maize, wheat, rye and some dicots. BXs play important roles in plant defence ...
- Zunkang Zhao; Xiaofeng Gao; Ye Ke; Minmin Chang; Lu Xie; Xiaofeng Li; Minghua Gu; Jiping Liu; Xinlian Tang
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 273-289
- aluminum; benzoxazinoids; biosynthesis; chelation; corn; cultivars; exudation; hydroxamic acids; root growth; root tips; salicylic acid
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Although aluminum (Al) exclusion via root exudation of organic matters is a common resistance mechanism adopted by many plant species, whether root exudation of benzoxazinoids, such as hydroxamic acids (HAs), confers Al resistance remains unclear. METHODS: We performed physiological characterization for an Al-resistant maize cultivar TY and a sensitive maize cultivar ZD. RESUL ...