Jump to Main Content
- Murai-Hatano, Mari, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant and soil 2018 v.433 no.1-2 pp. 173-187
- Andosols; RNA; aquaporins; developmental stages; diurnal variation; environmental factors; evaporation; gene expression; genes; leaves; meteorological parameters; nitrogen; paddies; panicles; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rice; ripening; roots; stomatal conductance; tillering; water analysis
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Gene expression analysis under field conditions improves our understanding of crop responses to fluctuating environmental conditions. We evaluated RNA extraction methods and reference genes for a quantitative real-time PCR study of rice roots grown under field conditions. METHODS: Roots were collected from paddy (Andosol) at different growth stages, from tillering to ripening. ...
- Murai-Hatano, Mari, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant and soil 2014 v.379 no.1-2 pp. 289-300
- Oryza sativa; aquaporins; dry matter partitioning; gene expression; gene expression regulation; hydraulic conductivity; nitrogen; rice; roots; water uptake
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Nitrogen (N) availability affects water uptake from the roots, which decreases upon N deprivation and increases upon resupply. The aim of this study was to reveal possible mechanisms of regulation of water transport in roots through physiological and morphological adaptations to N availability. METHODS: The effects of continuous N deprivation and following resupply on root mor ...