Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Dun-Yi; Zhang, Wei; Yan, Peng; Chen, Xin-Ping; Zhang, Fu-Suo; Zou, Chun-Qin
- Plant and soil 2017 v.411 no.1-2 pp. 47-55
- zinc sulfate, etc ; biofortification; corn; fertilizer rates; field experimentation; grain yield; seeds; soil; soil treatment; zinc; zinc fertilizers; China; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Increasing both yield and grain zinc (Zn) concentration (GZC) are the two important goals of maize production in China and elsewhere in the world. However, it is not clear whether soil application of Zn fertilizer could realize high yield and GZC. The current study aimed to examine how soil Zn application affects yield and GZC and what is the optimal DTPA-Zn for high yield and ...
- Ram, H.; Rashid, A.; Zhang, W.; Duarte, A. P.; Phattarakul, N.; Simunji, S.; Kalayci, M.; Freitas, R.; Rerkasem, B.; Bal, R. S.; Mahmood, K.; Savasli, E.; Lungu, O; Wang, Z. H.; de Barros, V. L. N. P.; Malik, S. S.; Arisoy, R. Z.; Guo, J. X.; Sohu, V. S.; Zou, C. Q.; Cakmak, I.
- Plant and soil 2016 v.403 no.1-2 pp. 389-401
- zinc sulfate, etc ; Oryza sativa; Phaseolus vulgaris; Triticum aestivum; beans; biofortification; brown rice; energy intake; environmental factors; foliar application; food crops; fungicides; grain yield; growers; human nutrition; humans; insecticides; nutrient deficiencies; soil; staple foods; wheat; zinc; zinc fertilizers; Brazil; China; India; Pakistan; Thailand; Turkey (country); Zambia; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... AIMS: Rice (Oryza sativa L.), wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) and common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) are major staple food crops consumed worldwide. Zinc (Zn) deficiency represents a common micronutrient deficiency in human populations, especially in regions of the world where staple food crops are the main source of daily calorie intake. Foliar application of Zn fertilizer has been shown to be effe ...