Jump to Main Content
- White, Philip J.; Thompson, Jacqueline A.; Wright, Gladys; Rasmussen, Søren K.
- Plant and soil 2017 v.411 no.1-2 pp. 151-165
- zinc sulfate, etc ; Solanum tuberosum; barley; calcium; cooking; copper; crop yield; crops; diet; field experimentation; genotype; iron; magnesium; manganese; nitrates; peeling; people; phytic acid; potassium; potatoes; tubers; zinc; zinc fertilizers; zinc oxide; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: The diets of many people lack sufficient zinc (Zn). This article investigates the production of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) crops with greater tuber Zn concentrations to increase dietary Zn intakes. METHODS: Field experiments were undertaken to increase Zn concentrations in potato tubers using foliar Zn fertilisers. RESULTS: Foliar Zn fertilisers increased tuber Zn concentra ...
- Shivay, Yashbir Singh; Krogstad, Tore; Singh, Bal Ram
- Plant and soil 2010 v.326 no.1-2 pp. 425-435
- zinc sulfate, etc ; cities; composts; copper; copper sulfate; crop residues; flour; manganese; manganese sulfate; mineralization; organic production; plant growth; rocks; soil organic matter; trace element fertilizers; zinc; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Restricted supply of micronutrients is a common constraint for plant growth worldwide, especially in organic farming systems where nutrients supply to crops mostly depends on the mineralization of native soil organic matter, decomposition of applied manures and crop residues. A laboratory incubation study was therefore conducted to investigate the potential release of copper (Cu), manganese (Mn) a ...