Jump to Main Content
- Zunkang Zhao; Xiaofeng Gao; Ye Ke; Minmin Chang; Lu Xie; Xiaofeng Li; Minghua Gu; Jiping Liu; Xinlian Tang
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 273-289
- aluminum; benzoxazinoids; biosynthesis; chelation; corn; cultivars; exudation; hydroxamic acids; root growth; root tips; salicylic acid
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Although aluminum (Al) exclusion via root exudation of organic matters is a common resistance mechanism adopted by many plant species, whether root exudation of benzoxazinoids, such as hydroxamic acids (HAs), confers Al resistance remains unclear. METHODS: We performed physiological characterization for an Al-resistant maize cultivar TY and a sensitive maize cultivar ZD. RESUL ...
- Fan Jiang; Hermann Heilmeier; Wolfram Hartung
- Plant and soil 2007 v.301 no.1-2 pp. 37-49
- Taraxacum officinale; abscisic acid; biosynthesis; corn; field experimentation; habitats; tungsten; water stress
- ... The effect of tungsten as a potential inhibitor of ABA biosynthesis in plants was tested both under controlled conditions in the greenhouse or laboratory and in the field at a site naturally enriched with tungsten. Although as predicted in all cases the activity of aldehyde oxidase was strongly inhibited by tungsten, in well watered, greenhouse-grown maize plants increased concentrations of tungst ...