Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Dun-Yi; Zhang, Wei; Yan, Peng; Chen, Xin-Ping; Zhang, Fu-Suo; Zou, Chun-Qin
- Plant and soil 2017 v.411 no.1-2 pp. 47-55
- zinc sulfate, etc ; biofortification; corn; fertilizer rates; field experimentation; grain yield; seeds; soil; soil treatment; zinc; zinc fertilizers; China; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Increasing both yield and grain zinc (Zn) concentration (GZC) are the two important goals of maize production in China and elsewhere in the world. However, it is not clear whether soil application of Zn fertilizer could realize high yield and GZC. The current study aimed to examine how soil Zn application affects yield and GZC and what is the optimal DTPA-Zn for high yield and ...
- White, Philip J.; Thompson, Jacqueline A.; Wright, Gladys; Rasmussen, Søren K.
- Plant and soil 2017 v.411 no.1-2 pp. 151-165
- zinc sulfate, etc ; Solanum tuberosum; barley; calcium; cooking; copper; crop yield; crops; diet; field experimentation; genotype; iron; magnesium; manganese; nitrates; peeling; people; phytic acid; potassium; potatoes; tubers; zinc; zinc fertilizers; zinc oxide; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: The diets of many people lack sufficient zinc (Zn). This article investigates the production of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) crops with greater tuber Zn concentrations to increase dietary Zn intakes. METHODS: Field experiments were undertaken to increase Zn concentrations in potato tubers using foliar Zn fertilisers. RESULTS: Foliar Zn fertilisers increased tuber Zn concentra ...