Jump to Main Content
- Kidd, P.S.; Diez, J.; Monterroso Martinez, C.
- Plant and soil 2004 v.258 no.1-2 pp. 189-205
- alkaline soils, etc ; Cistus ladanifer; shrubs; plant response; plant stress; metal tolerance; heavy metals; uptake mechanisms; bioaccumulation; tissue distribution; root growth; ion transport; chemical constituents of plants; chemical composition; mineral content; nutrient solutions; hydroponics; ultramafic rocks; acid soils; Portugal; Show all 20 Subjects
- Rose, Terry J.; Hardiputra, Bingah; Rengel, Zed
- Plant and soil 2010 v.326 no.1-2 pp. 159-170
- alkaline soils, etc ; acid soils; aluminum; calcareous soils; calcium; canola; chickpeas; crops; exudation; faba beans; greenhouses; iron; pH; phosphorus; rhizosphere; wheat; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Despite the high phosphorus (P) mobilizing capacity of many legumes, recent studies have found that, at least in calcareous soils, wheat is also able to access insoluble P fractions through yet unknown mechanism(s). We hypothesized that insoluble P fractions may be more available to non-legume plants in alkaline soils due to increased dissolution of the dominant calcium(Ca)-P pool into depleted la ...