Jump to Main Content
- Kukkola, Mikko, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant and soil 2009 v.314 no.1-2 pp. 121-132
- Picea abies; base saturation; biomass; boron; cadmium; calcium; conifer needles; copper; exchangeable calcium; fertilizer application; fine roots; magnesium; manganese; nickel; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutrients; phosphorus; potassium; soil pH; tree growth; wood ash; zinc; Finland
- ... We determined the effects of wood ash fertilization, given together with nitrogen (WAN), and nitrogen given together with P, B and Cu (SSF), on soil and foliage nutrients and fine root biomass in a 45-year-old Norway spruce stand in southern Finland. Fine roots were sampled 9 years, and the soil 10 years after ash (3 t/ha) and nitrogen (150 kg/ha) application. Fine root biomass tended to be lower, ...
- Kukkola, Mikko, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant and soil 2010 v.331 no.1-2 pp. 329-340
- Picea abies; Pinus sylvestris; acidity; ammonium nitrogen; boron; calcium; copper; fertilizer application; long term effects; magnesium; microbial biomass; mineralization; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; phosphorus; soil chemical properties; soil microorganisms; soil quality; tree growth; wood ash; Finland
- ... The aim of our study was to investigate long-term effects of wood ash fertilization, given together with nitrogen, on soil chemical properties, soil microbiological processes related to C and N cycling, and tree growth. The study was carried out in a 31-year-old Scots pine stand and in a 45-year-old Norway spruce stand 15 years after application. The treatments were (1) a control with no ash or nu ...