Jump to Main Content
- Goodale, Uromi Manage, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant and soil 2019 v.438 no.1-2 pp. 435-445
- ammonium; biodiversity; canopy; ecological differentiation; nitrates; phosphorus; potassium; seed dispersal; seedling growth; seedlings; soil heterogeneity; soil pH; spatial variation; surveys; total nitrogen; tropical rain forests; China
- ... AIMS: In tropical rainforests, seedling performance at fine ecological scales has traditionally been explained by seed dispersal limitation and negative density dependence. Soil properties have strong patch structures at fine scales, and we investigated whether such heterogeneity contributes to seedling coexistence. METHODS: From January 2011 to January 2014, in a one-hectare area of tropical rain ...
- Goodale, Uromi Manage, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant and soil 2016 v.404 no.1-2 pp. 385-398
- ammonium nitrogen; climate; nitrate nitrogen; seasonal variation; soil aggregation; soil pH; topography; tropical rain forests; China
- ... AIMS: Spatial aggregation of soil chemical properties, or nutrient patches, may be generated by topography and plants and can seasonally fluctuate because of climate. Whether nutrient patches maintain consistency (no change in ranking through sequential sampling), through temporal scales, and whether topography and litterfall contribute to the persistence of such ranking is rarely tested. METHODS: ...