Jump to Main Content
- Osorio, Nelson Walter; Habte, Mitiku
- Plant and soil 2015 v.389 no.1-2 pp. 375-385
- Claroideoglomus claroideum, etc ; Andisols; Leucaena leucocephala; Mollisols; Mortierella; Oxisols; greenhouse experimentation; mycorrhizal fungi; rock phosphate; seedlings; sorption; tropical soils; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: A greenhouse experiment was conducted to determine the effects of a rock phosphate-solubilizing fungus (Mortierella sp.) and an arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus (Claroideoglomus claroideum (N. C. Schenck & G. S. Sm.) C. Walker & A. Schüßler comb. nov.) on enhancing plant phosphate (P) uptake and growth of Leucaena leucocephala (Lam.) in three tropical soils that exhibited contras ...
- Thonar, Cécile; Schnepf, Andrea; Frossard, Emmanuel; Roose, Tiina; Jansa, Jan
- Plant and soil 2011 v.339 no.1-2 pp. 231-245
- Claroideoglomus claroideum, etc ; Gigaspora margarita; Glomus intraradices; Medicago truncatula; branching; carbon; harvesting; hyphae; mathematical models; mycelium; mycorrhizal fungi; nutrient uptake; phosphorus; radiolabeling; root systems; roots; soil; Switzerland; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Diversity in phosphorus (P) acquisition strategies was assessed among three species of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) isolated from a single field in Switzerland. Medicago truncatula was used as a test plant. It was grown in a compartmented system with root and root-free zones separated by a fine mesh. Dual radioisotope labeling (³²P and ³³P) was employed in the root-free zone as follows: ³³P ...