Jump to Main Content
- Valverde, Claudio, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant and soil 2017 v.410 no.1-2 pp. 509-515
- Acanthamoeba castellanii; Pythium ultimum; bacteria; bacterivores; beneficial microorganisms; correlation; growth promotion; growth retardation; pathogens; plant growth; plant health; protists; secondary metabolites; siderophores; wheat
- ... AIMS: The functioning of plant-associated bacteria is strongly influenced by their interaction with other organisms. For instance, bacteria upregulate the production of secondary metabolites in presence of protozoa and we hypothesised that this interaction may contribute to plant health. METHODS: Here, we tested if the effect of beneficial pseudomonads on wheat growth and health is modified by co- ...
- Valverde, Claudio, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant and soil 2014 v.382 no.1-2 pp. 117-131
- DNA; Pseudomonas; community structure; crops; genes; genetic markers; good agricultural practices; no-tillage; population density; rhizosphere; root systems; seasonal variation; selective media; soil quality; soil types; summer; winter; Argentina
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Members of the genus Pseudomonas are common inhabitants of rhizospheres and soils, and it is known that soil types and crop species influence their population density and structure. 20 × 10⁶ ha are cultivated under no-tillage in Argentina and there is a need to find new biologically-based soil quality indexes to distinguish between sustainable and non-sustainable agricultural ...