Jump to Main Content
- Yu, Gui-Rui, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant and soil 2010 v.337 no.1-2 pp. 285-297
- air temperature; boreal forests; climatic factors; correlation; forest ecosystems; leaves; mineral soils; mountains; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrogen content; soil properties; soil solution
- ... The natural abundance of ¹⁵N (δ¹⁵N) in plants and soils is an ideal tool for assessing ecosystem N dynamics. However, many of the mechanisms driving the variability of foliar and soil δ¹⁵N values within and across ecosystems are still unclear. In this study, we analyzed the patterns of N concentrations and δ¹⁵N values in leaves, bulk soils and soil mineral N as well as soil N turnover rates across ...
- Yu, Gui-Rui, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant and soil 2009 v.320 no.1-2 pp. 243-254
- nitrogen content; soil organic carbon; mineral soils; nitrogen; microbial biomass; forest ecosystems; biogeochemical cycles; leaves; forests
- ... Chronic atmospheric nitrogen deposition affects the cycling of carbon (C) and nitrogen (N) in forest ecosystems, and thereby alters the stable C isotopic abundance of plant and soil. Three successional stages, disturbed, rehabilitated and mature forests were studied for their responses to different nitrogen input levels. N-addition manipulative experiments were conducted at low, medium and high N ...