Jump to Main Content
- Perrino, E. V.; Tomaselli, V.; Costa, R.; Pavone, P.
- Plant biosystems 2013 v.147 no.4 pp. 1006-1028
- Cladium; Cyperus; European Union; Juniperus; Pinus pinaster; Pinus pinea; Quercus alba; annuals; biodiversity; coastal water; conservation areas; conservation status; dunes; fens; grasses; habitats; hills; plant communities; surveys; threatened species; Italy; Mediterranean region
- ... The Gargano is one of the richest Mediterranean areas in biodiversity. The work reports an assessment of the presence and conservation status of the habitats according to the 92/43/EEC Directive of Gargano coastal and low hill belts, their relationships with plant communities, threatened species, phytoclimatology, threats, and suggestions for management purposes. The field surveys revealed 33 habi ...
- Farris, E.; Pisanu, S.; Ceccherelli, G.; Filigheddu, R.
- Plant biosystems 2013 v.147 no.4 pp. 1043-1051
- Sporobolus virginicus; beaches; coasts; dunes; ground cover plants; habitats; humans; multivariate analysis; species diversity; summer; tourism; trampling damage; vascular plants; vegetation cover; Italy; Sardinia
- ... Coastal habitats are particularly vulnerable to recreational impacts because these environments are highly dynamic and continually change in response to biotic and abiotic factors. Sand dune communities are worldwide characterized by high levels of biodiversity, but are often affected by human-induced impacts as those caused by tourist trampling. To understand the effects of human frequentation, t ...