Jump to Main Content
- Cui, Hongguang; Wang, Aiming
- Plant biotechnology journal 2017 v.15 no.3 pp. 344-356
- Nicotiana benthamiana; Plum pox virus; Prunus; Prunus necrotic ringspot virus; RNA; RNA interference; disease control; genetic transformation; genomics; induced resistance; juveniles; models; nucleotide sequences; peaches; perennials; transgenes; translation (genetics); trees; viruses
- ... RNA silencing is a powerful technology for molecular characterization of gene functions in plants. A commonly used approach to the induction of RNA silencing is through genetic transformation. A potent alternative is to use a modified viral vector for virus‐induced gene silencing (VIGS) to degrade RNA molecules sharing similar nucleotide sequence. Unfortunately, genomic studies in many allogamous ...
- PubMed Central:
- Le Mauff, François; Loutelier‐Bourhis, Corinne; Bardor, Muriel; Berard, Caroline; Doucet, Alain; D'Aoust, Marc‐André; Vezina, Louis‐Philippe; Driouich, Azeddine; Couture, Manon M.‐J.; Lerouge, Patrice
- Plant biotechnology journal 2017 v.15 no.3 pp. 285-296
- Agrobacterium; Nicotiana benthamiana; abiotic stress; arabinogalactan proteins; biopharmaceuticals; biotechnology; biotic stress; callose; cell wall components; cell walls; chemical composition; immune response; influenza; influenza vaccines; leaves; lignin; models; pectins; plasma membrane; tobacco; virus-like particles
- ... Influenza virus‐like particles (VLPs) have been shown to induce a safe and potent immune response through both humoral and cellular responses. They represent promising novel influenza vaccines. Plant‐based biotechnology allows for the large‐scale production of VLPs of biopharmaceutical interest using different model organisms, including Nicotiana benthamiana plants. Through this platform, influenz ...
- PubMed Central: