Jump to Main Content
- Kabita, Khaidem Chanu; Sanatombi, Keithellakpam; Sharma, Susheel Kumar
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2020 v.141 no.1 pp. 145-154
- Capsicum chinense; animal tissues; biosynthesis; callus; capsaicin; cell suspension culture; chitosan; elicitors; explants; gene expression regulation; genes; hot peppers; industrial applications; quantitative polymerase chain reaction
- ... Capsaicinoids are responsible for pungency in chillies and have multiple health benefits and industrial applications. In vitro cell cultures of Capsicum with high capsaicinoids content may have the potential to serve as an alternative source for production of capsaicinoids. The present study investigated the effects of various elicitors, precursors and intermediates on the production of capsaicino ...
- Tsekouras, Vasileios; Mavrikou, Sophie; Vlachakis, Dimitrios; Makridakis, Manousos; Stroggilos, Rafael; Zoidakis, Jerome; Termentzi, Aikaterini; Moschopoulou, Georgia; Kintzios, Spyridon
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2020 v.141 no.1 pp. 167-178
- Viscum album; antineoplastic activity; biopharmaceuticals; biosynthesis; callus; callus culture; callus formation; chitin; computer simulation; computer software; databases; explants; leaves; lectins; models; neoplasms; parasitic plants; phylogeny; protein content; protein isoforms; protein synthesis; proteome; sequence homology; somaclonal variation
- ... Mistletoes are semiparasite plants containing pharmaceutical proteins with applications in cancer treatment. Previous research has demonstrated that somaclonal variation can lead to the biosynthesis of novel proteins from mistletoe callus cultures. The protein content of Viscum album subsp. abietis tissues and biotechnologically propagated calluses, was analyzed to identify proteins with putative ...