Jump to Main Content
- Kabita, Khaidem Chanu; Sanatombi, Keithellakpam; Sharma, Susheel Kumar
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2020 v.141 no.1 pp. 145-154
- Capsicum chinense; animal tissues; biosynthesis; callus; capsaicin; cell suspension culture; chitosan; elicitors; explants; gene expression regulation; genes; hot peppers; industrial applications; quantitative polymerase chain reaction
- ... Capsaicinoids are responsible for pungency in chillies and have multiple health benefits and industrial applications. In vitro cell cultures of Capsicum with high capsaicinoids content may have the potential to serve as an alternative source for production of capsaicinoids. The present study investigated the effects of various elicitors, precursors and intermediates on the production of capsaicino ...
- Lu, Hongchen; Xu, Ping; Hu, Kaining; Xiao, Qing; Wen, Jing; Yi, Bin; Ma, Chaozhi; Tu, Jinxing; Fu, Tingdong; Shen, Jinxiong
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2020 v.141 no.1 pp. 191-206
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Brassica juncea; brassinosteroids; callus; cell dedifferentiation; cytokinins; developmental stages; ethylene; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; indole acetic acid; plant development; plant growth; signal transduction; thidiazuron; tissue culture; transcriptome; transcriptomics
- ... Plant hormones not only play important roles in regulating plant growth and development, but they also promote cell dedifferentiation and redifferentiation, which play an important role in tissue culture. In the present study, an efficient method of promoting callus plant regeneration for the tissue culture of Brassica juncea (L.) was proposed. We discovered that the callus could be efficiently in ...