Jump to Main Content
- Jin, M. Y.; Piao, X. C.; Wu, X. H.; Fan, M. Z.; Li, X. F.; Yin, C. R.; Lian, M. L.
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2020 v.140 no.2 pp. 447-457
- Bacillus subtilis; Escherichia coli; Oplopanax; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; adventitious roots; alcohol oxidoreductases; alkaline phosphatase; antibacterial properties; bacterial growth; bioactive compounds; biomass; cell membranes; culture media; electrical conductivity; enzyme activity; flavonoids; metabolism; microbial culture; permeability; polysaccharides; sodium phosphate
- ... Fed-batch culture (FBC) is extensively used in microbial culture to achieve a high yield of the desired products. However, the FBC application is less in plant cells or organs because of relatively complex chemical components in the culture medium. To develop the FBC of adventitious roots (ARs) of Oplopanax elatus, the present study designed two FBC systems, where the initial culture media were co ...
- Hosseini, Najmeh Sadat; Ghasimi Hagh, Ziba; Khoshghalb, Hassan
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2020 v.140 no.1 pp. 143-155
- Salvia; antioxidant enzymes; caffeic acid; callus; callus culture; catalase; chlorophyll; culture media; elicitors; embryo culture; enzyme activity; germination; hydrogen peroxide; malondialdehyde; medicinal plants; osmotic pressure; osmotic stress; oxidative stress; peroxidase; plantlets; polyethylene; polyethylene glycol; proline; rosmarinic acid; salvianolic acid; secondary metabolites; superoxide dismutase; water stress
- ... In this study, different levels of polyethylene glycol (PEG) 6000 (5, 7.5 and 10% w/v) were applied to induce drought stress in the embryo and callus culture of Salvia leriifolia Benth, an Iranian medicinal plant. The results related to the embryo culture showed that the germination percentage, stem length, root and stem diameter and total chlorophyll content of plantlets decreased by increasing t ...