Jump to Main Content
- Fan, Yinglun; Xu, Fenglin; Zhou, Huizhen; Liu, Xinxin; Yang, Xinyue; Weng, Kaixia; Sun, Xinlu; Lyu, Shanhua
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2020 v.141 no.1 pp. 207-216
- Agrobacterium; Arabidopsis; Cucumis sativus; Rhizobium rhizogenes; cucumbers; culture media; explants; genes; hypocotyls; root tips; seedlings; vermiculite
- ... Agrobacterium rhizogenes-mediated transformation is widely used in different species with various purposes. The development of composite plants (wild-type shoot with transgenic roots) has been a milestone for functional characterization of genes. Previously, composite plants were generated by two steps from inducing of hairy roots to growing in the growth medium. Hairy roots were induced in an ind ...
- Temporiti, Marta Elisabetta Eleonora; Frezza, Claudio; Beccaccioli, Marzia; Gelardi, Luca; Bianco, Armandodoriano; Bonina, Francesco Paolo; Nielsen, Erik
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2020 v.140 no.1 pp. 83-93
- Verbascum thapsus; callus; culture media; cultured cells; explants; glycosides; leaf extracts; leaves; phytochemicals; tissue culture; verbascoside
- ... In this work an effective method to start axenic cultures of Verbascum thapsus L. was developed. This allowed to obtain a high percentage of callus generation from leaf explants (around 70%) and to start the cultivation of suspension cultured cells rapidly growing in liquid culture medium. Moreover, the production in these materials of the phenylethanoid glycoside compound verbascoside was verifie ...