Jump to Main Content
- Rubinovich, Lior; Segev, Barak; Habashi, Rida; Con, Pazit; Amir, Rachel
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2019 v.138 no.1 pp. 131-140
- culture media, etc ; Punica granatum; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; benzyladenine; bioactive compounds; callus; cell culture; ellagic acid; explants; fruits; gallic acid; indole acetic acid; polyphenols; polyvinylpyrrolidone; pomegranates; seasonal variation; secondary metabolites; silver nitrate; sodium hypochlorite; sterilizing; sucrose; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) fruit harbors remarkable health-beneficial properties. Most of its healthy secondary metabolites are located in their peels. Therefore, pomegranate peels (PPs) can be used to produce high-value healthy compounds. PP cell cultures may also be an attractive alternative source since it can be established throughout the year regardless of seasonal effects. The aim ...
- Sarmadi, Marziyeh; Karimi, Naser; Palazón, Javier; Ghassempour, Alireza; Mirjalili, Mohammad Hossein
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2019 v.137 no.2 pp. 319-328
- culture media, etc ; Taxus baccata; absorption; antioxidant activity; callus; callus culture; catalase; catechol oxidase; elicitors; enzyme activity; hydrogen peroxide; lipid peroxidation; oxidation; oxidative stress; paclitaxel; peroxidase; polyethylene glycol; polyphenols; secondary metabolites; taxanes; tissue culture; viability; water content; water stress; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Application of abiotic stress-inducing elicitors is one of the effective strategies in order to increase the production of secondary metabolites in plant tissues. Here, the effect of in vitro polyethylene glycol (PEG)-induced drought stress on morphological and biochemical changes as well as the production of paclitaxel and 10-deacetyl baccatin III in a Taxus baccata callus culture was investigate ...