Jump to Main Content
- Rubinovich, Lior; Segev, Barak; Habashi, Rida; Con, Pazit; Amir, Rachel
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2019 v.138 no.1 pp. 131-140
- culture media, etc ; Punica granatum; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; benzyladenine; bioactive compounds; callus; cell culture; ellagic acid; explants; fruits; gallic acid; indole acetic acid; polyphenols; polyvinylpyrrolidone; pomegranates; seasonal variation; secondary metabolites; silver nitrate; sodium hypochlorite; sterilizing; sucrose; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) fruit harbors remarkable health-beneficial properties. Most of its healthy secondary metabolites are located in their peels. Therefore, pomegranate peels (PPs) can be used to produce high-value healthy compounds. PP cell cultures may also be an attractive alternative source since it can be established throughout the year regardless of seasonal effects. The aim ...
- Waweru, Duncan Njora; Kuria, Eric Kimani; Bradley, James Michael; Scholes, Julie Diane; Runo, Steven
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2019 v.138 no.2 pp. 247-256
- culture media, etc ; Striga hermonthica; benzyladenine; callus; coculture; cytokinins; death; explants; farmers; host-parasite relationships; leaves; livelihood; naphthaleneacetic acid; nutrients; organogenesis; parasitic plants; rice; roots; seedlings; seeds; somatic embryogenesis; tissue culture; xylem vessels; Sub-Saharan Africa; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Striga is a genus of parasitic plants that poses great danger to livelihoods of millions of smallholder farmers in sub-Saharan Africa by limiting production of staple cereals. The parasite attaches to the roots of the crop and establishes a vascular connection with the host’s xylem vessels in order to access water, organic and inorganic nutrients, leading to stunted growth and death of the infecte ...