Jump to Main Content
- Chiancone, Benedetta, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2016 v.124 no.3 pp. 635-647
- Corylus avellana; alleles; cultivars; culture media; embryogenesis; fruit crops; haploidy; hazelnuts; heterozygosity; homozygosity; loci; males; microsatellite repeats; microspores; plant breeding; self-pollination; sporophytes; temperature; trees; woody plants
- ... Haploid technology is a valuable plant breeding tool for obtaining homozygosity particularly in woody plants. Hazelnut, the world’s sixth ranking nut tree crop is a monoecious, anemophilous species. It is characterized by a sporophytic incompatibility system that prevents production of homozygous plants with conventional methods, involving several self-pollination cycles. In this study, gametic em ...
- Chiancone, Benedetta, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2014 v.118 no.3 pp. 409-417
- breeding; cultivars; dormancy; endosperm; explants; genotype; germination; olives; rootstocks; seedlings; seeds; shoot meristems; testa
- ... The in vitro germination of excised embryos can break dormancy rapidly and shorten the time required to produce seedlings, speeding up olive breeding programmes as well as rootstock production. In this study, the in vitro germination potential of four Sicilian olive cultivars was evaluated during two years of experiments, using explants with three different morphological configurations that repres ...