Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2009 v.97 no.3 pp. 313-321
- protoplasts; in vitro regeneration; hybrids; somatic hybridization; cytogenetic analysis; Musa acuminata; polyethylene glycol; disease resistance; aneuploidy; ultraviolet radiation; cell suspension culture; greenhouses
- ... To attempt to introduce genetic information of disease resistance from Musa acuminata cv. Mas (AA) to Musa silk cv. Guoshanxiang (AAB) and obtain somatic hybrids, we developed an asymmetric protoplast fusion with 20% (w/v) polyethylene glycol (PEG). The protoplasts derived from embryogenic suspension cultural cells of cv. Guoshanxiang (AAB) and cv. Mas (AA) were, respectively treated with 1.5 mM i ...
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2007 v.90 no.2 pp. 191-200
- protoplasts; dose response; zeatin; explants; culture media; Musa acuminata; somatic embryogenesis; benzyladenine; micropropagation; in vitro regeneration; bananas; somatic embryos
- ... A protocol for plant regeneration from protoplasts of Musa acuminata cv. Mas (AA) via somatic embryogenesis was developed. Viable protoplasts were isolated from embryogenic cell suspensions at a yield of 1.2 x 10⁷ protoplasts/ml packed cell volume (PCV). Liquid and feeder layer culture systems with medium-A and medium-B were used for protoplast culture. In liquid culture system, medium-B was more ...