Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Yunjian; Liu, Fang; Han, Guomin; Cheng, Beijiu
- Plant cell reports 2018 v.37 no.5 pp. 711-726
- Brachypodium; corn; gene expression; genes; phosphates; phylogeny; rice; soil; starvation; tissues; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... KEY MESSAGE: The present study identified several important candidate Pi regulation genes of maize and provides a better understanding on the generation of PHR genes in gramineous plants. Plants have evolved adaptive responses to cope with low phosphate (Pi) soils. The previous studies have indicated that phosphate starvation response (PHR) genes play central roles in regulating plant Pi starvatio ...
- Zhang, Yunhui; Liu, Kai; Zhu, Xiaomei; Wu, Yan; Zhang, Suobing; Chen, Haiyuan; Ling, Jing; Wang, Yingjie; Fang, Xianwen
- Plant cell reports 2018 v.37 no.5 pp. 775-787
- agronomic traits; animals; antioxidants; artificial membranes; biosynthesis; chloroplasts; cold tolerance; gene expression regulation; genes; gibberellins; growth retardation; molecular cloning; mutants; plant development; rice; tissues; tocopherols; transcription (genetics); transferases
- ... KEY MESSAGE: RTD1 encodes a homogentisate phytyltransferase catalyzing a key step in rice tocopherol biosynthesis, confers cold tolerance and regulates rice development by affecting the accumulation of DELLA protein SLENDER RICE1. Tocopherols are one of the most important lipid-soluble antioxidants having indispensable roles in living organisms. The physiological functions of tocopherols have been ...