Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Zhenggang; Zhao, Yunlin; Ge, Yu; Peng, Jiao; Dong, Meng; Yang, Guiyan
- Plant cell reports 2017 v.36 no.3 pp. 407-418
- Arabidopsis; H-transporting ATP synthase; H-transporting ATPase; Juglans regia; abscisic acid; biomass production; gene overexpression; genes; germination; leaves; mannitol; osmotic stress; osmotolerance; peroxidase; plant response; reactive oxygen species; seedlings; signal transduction; stress tolerance; superoxide dismutase; tissues; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transgenic plants; vacuoles
- ... KEY MESSAGE: JrVHAG1 is an important candidate gene for plant osmotic tolerance regulation. Vacuolar H⁺-ATPase (V-ATPase) is important for plant responses to abiotic stress; the G subunit is a vital part of V-ATPase. In this study, a G subunit of V-ATPase was cloned from Juglans regia (JrVHAG1) and functionally characterized. JrVHAG1 transcription was induced by mannitol that increasing 17.88-fold ...
- Song, Ziliang; Mietkiewska, Elzbieta; Weselake, Randall J.
- Plant cell reports 2017 v.36 no.3 pp. 447-457
- Arabidopsis; Punica granatum; bioinformatics; biotechnology; complementary DNA; crops; fatty acid composition; fatty acids; gene expression; genes; homozygosity; metabolic engineering; oilseed crops; plant development; pomegranates; regulatory sequences; seed oils; seed storage proteins; seeds
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Enhanced levels of punicic acid were produced in the seed oil of Arabidopsis over-expressing pomegranate FATTY ACID CONJUGASE driven by heterologous promoters, among which the linin promoter was the most efficient. Fatty acids with conjugated double bonds play a special role in determining both the nutritional and industrial uses of plant oils. Punicic acid (18:3Δ⁹ᶜⁱˢ,¹¹ᵗʳᵃⁿˢ,¹³ᶜⁱˢ), ...