Jump to Main Content
- Gross, Briana L.; Henk, Adam D.; Bonnart, Remi; Volk, Gayle M.
- Plant cell reports 2017 v.36 no.3 pp. 459-470
- Arabidopsis thaliana; abiotic stress; abscisic acid; biochemical pathways; cryopreservation; cryoprotectants; gene banks; gene expression regulation; heat; lipids; meristems; models; nitrogen; osmoregulation; oxidation; plant genetic resources; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; shoot tips; temperature; vitrification
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Transcripts related to abiotic stress, oxidation, and wounding were differentially expressed in Arabidopsis shoot tips in response to cryoprotectant and liquid nitrogen treatment. Cryopreservation methods have been implemented in genebanks as a strategy to back-up plant genetic resource collections that are vegetatively propagated. Cryopreservation is frequently performed using vitri ...
- Chang, Ning; Sun, Qingqing; Li, Yiqiong; Mu, Yajuan; Hu, Jinglei; Feng, Yue; Liu, Xiaomin; Gao, Hongbo
- Plant cell reports 2017 v.36 no.3 pp. 471-480
- Arabidopsis thaliana; chloroplasts; developmental stages; embryophytes; guanosinetriphosphatase; in vitro studies; leaves; mosses and liverworts; null alleles; phenotype; plant growth; proteins
- ... KEY MESSAGE : PDV2 has a dosage effect on chloroplast division in Arabidopsis thaliana , but this effect may vary in different plants. Chloroplasts have to be divided as plants grow to maintain an optimized number in the cell. Chloroplasts are divided by protein complexes across the double membranes from the stroma side to the cytosolic side. PDV2 is a chloroplast division protein on the chloropla ...